Stephen Cohrs, B.Sc., P. Eng.
14656 County Rd. 21, Brighton, ON, Canada, K0K 1H0 email: email@example.com
• A proven leader and manager with over twenty-five years of progressive business responsibility in the Telecommunications, Information Technology, Mobile Internet, Financial and Health Care sectors.
• Outstanding Project and Program management, leadership, innovation, interpersonal and team building skills that consistently exceed corporate goals and objectives, with high performance ratings.
• Business experience in Small Business, Start-ups, Business Development, Alliances, Sales, Marketing and Finance.
• Managed and Built PMO, Software Development, Process Engineering, Marketing and Customer Care teams.
• Program and Project Management • Teamwork and Leadership • Customer Orientation
• Interpersonal skills • Innovation and Risk taking • Communication and Presentation
Project and Program Management
• Director, Program, Portfolio and Project manager with 17 years experience managing simultaneous complex projects from Assessment through Deployment.
• Successfully Project Managed the TELUS 4G Core Development and Deployment. Managed the Technology Strategy, Vendors and Operational cross- functional team to a successful Network readiness state by Nov. 2011.
• Established and Program Managed the 3G+ team of TELUS Technology Strategy, PM, contractors and vendors with strategic direction, metrics and discipline. Managed the 3G Services Program from concept to deployment launching Nov 2009.
• Established and directed a Project Management Office of six as the First Director, PMO at 724 Solutions. Determined PMO strategic direction, discipline and metrics.
• Initiated and Directed Software product releases for customers as first Release Manager for 724 Solutions Financial Service Platform.
• Program managed Global software applications and software installations for Nortel over a ten year period. Managed a software development team of 25;commercialized an innovative Sales Force tool.
• Project managed the $1M discovery phase of the TD-Canada Trust Corporate Desktop Project and.
managed the development of the supporting database.
• Hands-On Experience in various PM methodologies (PMI, Nortel NTI, TELUS c2i / NTI).
Manager and Team Builder
• Built, Led, Managed and Mentored professional staff and consultants over a 15 year period
• Built and directed Project Management, Software Development and Customer support teams for 2 start-ups and a multi-national corporation.
• Director, Shared Development Services at 724 Solutions with a diverse professional staff of 60.
• Matrix-managed a global Nortel team that specified, built and implemented a Sales Order Tool.
• Hired and built a team of 12 business analysts for the TD-CT Corporate Desktop Project.
Customer and Partner Focus
• Successfully established partner programs with Motorola and Ericsson as 724 Solutions Alliance Program Director. Interfaced with Alliance, Channel Partners and Sales forces team at 724 Solutions.
• Part of the Nitidus start-up Sales Support team. Trained in Solution Selling.
• Skilled communicator with Customers, Executives and project teams. Consulted, facilitated, interpreted and communicated technical issues to Executives for review and action.
Process Design and Implementation
• Re-engineered the Nortel Sales Order flow as a key member of Nortel Networks Chrysalis team incorporating 52 sub-projects and team leads over 18 months.
• Engineered and helped design the TD-Canada Trust Corporate major Desktop OS migration process.
• Completed the process design and system specifications to build and implement a Global Sales Order Tool solution at Nortel Networks. Implemented the tool and supporting processes for Global support.
• Designed and implemented PMO process and metrics for 724 Solutions.
Initiated Release Management process at 724 Solutions.
Summary of Business History
TELUS – June 2004 – current
Sr. Project Manager – Technology Development Contract June 2004 – Permanent October 2005
Hired as First Sr. PM in TELUS PMO. Worked cross functionally on simultaneous projects to introduce New Technology into TELUS network through all project phases. Adhered to TELUS New Technology Introduction and PMI standards.
Successfully and Cross Functionally Project Managed the TELUS Technology Strategy, Operations and Vendor project teams implementing the 4G core into the Mobile Switching Offices (4) across Canada.
Successfully Program Managed the TELUS and Vendor project team implementing all 3G+ Voice Services.
Cancer Care Ontario November 2003 – June 2004
Portfolio Manager November 2003 – June 2004
Facilitated initiation of strategic, multiple projects, managed portfolio interdependencies and oversaw from
business and technical perspective. Provided independent status reporting to the CIO and Executive Team and helped build the PMO team.
GE Information Technology Services February 2002 – November 2003
Project Manager - TD Canada Trust - contract February 2002 – November 2003
Hired and established a team of 12 analysts and project managers to effectively migrate 8000 Canada wide TD Canada Trust clients to Windows 2000.
724 Solutions Inc. January 2000 – October 2001
Director, Shared Development Services June 2001 – Oct. 2001
Reported to the GM, Applications Business Unit. Part of the management team, which moved the company from a start-up to a mature software development company. Staff of 60
Director, Project Management Office Jan. 2001 – May 2001
Established a PMO. Integrated development staff with release management function into single Project
Director, Alliance Programs Jan. 2000 – Dec. 2000
Responsible to initiate, staff and direct the Alliance Programs that interfaced with partners to execute on
MOU, Agreements, Proof of Concepts and technical evaluations.
Nitidus Technology Inc. March 1999 – November 1999
Director, Customer Care March 1999 – November 1999
Full P&L responsibility for the set-up, staffing and management of the Customer Care team. Provided
Customer support, including post and pre sales support, product content and program management.
Nortel Networks March 1982 - March 1999
Manager, System Development and Operations 1994 – 1999
Responsibility for managing a team of 25 developers and program managers for Public Carrier Networks
and working with Customers to identify development opportunities and turnkey applications.
Manager, International Marketing Process Management 1990 – 1994
Responsible for the requirements definition and integration of various North American Network Order
Management initiatives into World Trade. Responsible for all process initiatives within International
Marketing and for identifying opportunities, making recommendations and providing support for
Manager, Value Engineering 1986 – 1990
Manager, Material Flow Management and Cost Modeling – NTC Headquarters 1984 – 1986
Engineer, Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Methods 1982 – 1984